What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Raleigh
You know you have to defend your home. Beyond everything else, it’s where your family lives and is where you store your belongings. But what type of home protection is ideal? Determining if you should utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading choices you must make. Examine the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Raleigh and see what’s right for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24/7 monitoring, your home’s defense bridges to a professional monitoring organization that is ready to provide help at all times. Whenever a door sensor activates or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring specialists are issued a warning instantly. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and contact the proper emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t include professional support. You could consider this option as self-monitored, which means that if an alarm sounds, you must respond to get it resolved. This option is the more affordable solution, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Raleigh
Here’s a short look at the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always wise. If you are away from home, asleep, or don’t have your smartphone, your residence and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll respond in a speedier fashion to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems may entitle you to a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Top-of-the-line tools and smooth integration: By getting equipment, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security expert, you will get access to a cohesive system with devices that may be better than what you will come across yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Many individuals would prefer to have the install completed by experienced technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to do it by themselves.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This stipulation may be agreeable for many as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Raleigh
Here’s a short rundown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t incur a monitoring bill.
- Install on your own: Some may think of this as a benefit as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an extra expense. Others might prefer going with a professional.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You are able to integrate equipment when you desire - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you might find integrating into a cohesive system more complex.
- Control: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your system. If a disaster takes place, it’s up to you to get support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you’ve misplaced your smartphone and don’t see a security alert? This circumstance will generate more stress and less peace of mind.
- Calls for your total attention: Since you are the only one in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Hooking up the system is up to you: If you require a helping hand during an install, you may have to hire a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Raleigh
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Raleigh from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the best choice for your family. Call (919) 756-7929 today to get started.