Security cameras can solely be installed as a warning—a sign that notifies criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, the latest security cameras arrive equipped with an array of additions all tailor-made to provide comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these tools help you to have the most from security cameras in Raleigh.
How To Set Up Your Raleigh Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is mounting them in the right spots within your living space. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in common spots such as the living room or family room. It’s also a good move to have a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to enter through to access the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear view of your patio, driveway, and backyard, garage, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. You can always see a view of your front door through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your interior that are less vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Secrecy for you and your guests needs to be a primary consideration prior to installing a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion detectors if you need a measure of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Video Surveillance
Component location is only the first step in getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Raleigh. The innovations shown below help to elevate security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant messages on your phone whenever strange activity is sensed. You can also configure cameras to start recording when motions are discovered which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your video surveillance to record and store clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: Most of today’s security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with people through the unit. Through your security app, you can make it seem you’re home or talk to your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, allows for a more exhaustive view of any space. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120° coverage or that can pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your video surveillance come with either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up video of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the opportunity to secure specific areas within your house.. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to alert you of movement happening on your yard or your patio and disregard cars passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera footage, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send timely notifications when the see something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your home security cameras in Raleigh is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security is elevated from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (919) 756-7929 or submit the form below to begin customizing your home security and camera system today.