Modern residential security installations are becoming more capable every year. With that being said, it doesn't take much to fail to perform simple security tasks like arming your home security, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these things again? When utilizing geofencing in Raleigh, you can just leave the house and let your security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Raleigh For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual perimeter around your house, which you may arrange in your smart security app. This modern home security option then utilizes your cell phone to deduce when you go past the boundary and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components take advantage of to share information with one another. This innovative approach assists your home security by centralizing all components onto the same network. You are then able to set up specific boundaries along the perimeter of your property and assign particular actions as you move beyond the specified border.
To illustrate, when you pull away from your premises, you could program your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, turn on lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
These are some of the components you may manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Raleigh. When you download the ADT Control app, you are able to do a lot with home automation. Just tap the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: program your smart components to operate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to lower to indicate that it's time for bed, or disengage your security alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain components come alive when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat activate the connected fan if the fire alarm trips. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your security camera detects unusual motion outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that operate in concert with each other. Have your lights lower, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks activate when it's time for bed. Or program the system for movie night with preset light and thermostat adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable the security system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Raleigh
Whether you seek added reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (919) 756-7929 or send in the form below to start designing your optimal security system.