Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Raleigh? As a general rule, there are three major regions of your property for video surveillance: your main entry, the outside perimeter, and strategic interior positions. Even though your provider is able to suggest where you should install, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Don’t Forget To Protect Your Main Entrance
While it may seem crazy that a criminal would make an effort to just enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions occur at the front door. You also have delivery bandits among other threats to consider. Doorbell surveillance is able to tackle these types of possibilities with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell surveillance is nice as you have the ability to converse with people who come and press the button. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you may reply to all engagements with two-direction audio and real-time footage and look like you’re home. When a person begins doing something criminal, you are able to have your video doorbell record a clip and transmit it to your cell phone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Video Surveillance
Determining where to place home security cameras outside your residence is a more challenging undertaking. Thankfully, there are a handful of suggestions to greatly increase the likelihood that your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Raleigh home offer a better viewing angle, seeing two segments of your exterior.
- Just below an overhang or directly into a piece of cladding or edging are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be partially concealed by the edge of your house.
- On top of your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing access point for intruders than you might believe!
- Overlooking a deck or back door -- or any entryway not in clear view from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you prune any bushes or tree limbs that might obstruct the camera’s view.
Tips To Enjoy The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Surveillance
You have more options on where to place home security cameras within your residence in Raleigh. However, the added versatility means you have other installation variables to think about:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are secure, the natural light that enters via a window might create a glare and impact the clarity of your camera’s video feed. Point the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Use Your Height Advantage: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a surveillance device installed in an elevated area will have a broader view. You might situate your cameras at the top of tall pieces of furniture or attached to a corner or ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your camera will lose its ability to defend your property if it’s broken. Install your security cameras where kids and your furry friends can’t interact with them. You might consider mounting or other ways to secure them to make sure they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The greatest video camera will fail to be of much use if there is a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. On the other hand, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to cloak your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t obscure the lens!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your complete residence -- safeguarding all areas. Just call (919) 756-7929 or submit the form below to start your project.